Win with Aeroplan’s Picture yourself contest
When I think about loyalty programs that we use, Aeroplan stands out as the one that I’ve been an active member with the longest. It has provided the most value to us to help fund our travels, and it’s easy to use.
I joined the program when I was 20 years old, which means that I’ve been an active member with Aeroplan for 18 years! In 2001, the year I joined Aeroplan, I took four months off in the summer to backpack around Europe with a friend. We flew Lufthansa, a Star Alliance airline, and I distinctly remember collecting my first airline Aeroplan Miles on that trip.
When I think about our trips over the past 18 years, both as an individual and as a family, almost all of the trips have an element of using Aeroplan Miles.
We’ve redeemed Aeroplan Miles for flights, hotels, car rentals, and gift cards. We always do our research and redeem for the best value.
For example, when there’s a seat sale we can often get a really good deal by paying for the flight (and we get the added bonus of then collecting miles). When we can pay for the flight, we will try to redeem our miles to offset the costs of a hotel instead – like the time we stayed in the cute town of Strasbourg.
One of the most memorable times that we redeemed our Aeroplan Miles was recently when we upgraded to Business Class on our return trip from Portugal with Star Alliance. We had never flown in Business Class and paying for a Business Class seat was out of our budget. We were able to use miles and upgrade. It was the best flight experience to date.
Aeroplan’s Picture yourself contest
Aeroplan is celebrating their 35th anniversary and they are giving away a total of 38.5 million miles to 45 lucky winners in their Picture yourself contest.
Ten people will win a grand prize of 3.5 million miles each, and thirty-five winners will each receive 100,000 miles.
How to enter Aeroplan’s Picture yourself contest:
- Register to enter the contest by going to aeroplan.com/35 and submitting your Aeroplan number.
- Grand Prize Draw of 3.5 million miles:
- You’ll get an entry for the grand prize every time you earn or redeem miles.
- Each time you earn miles with any of Aeroplan’s 75+ partners, redeem miles for a flight or hotel stay, or donate miles via Aeroplan’s Member Donation Program, you’re entered for one of ten grand prizes.
- Share on Social to win a Secondary Prize of 100,000 miles:
- Share your picture-perfect trips, tag the people you would go with and hashtag #withAeroplan for a chance to win a secondary prize.
- Participants can post every day for more chances to win.
What would we do if we won Aeroplan’s Picture Yourself Contest?
If we won 3.5 million miles, we would put aside 1 million miles for future travels. Then, we would redeem miles to visit a couple destinations that have been on our bucket list for many years.
First, we would redeem miles for Business Class flights to Africa to go on a safari. We’ve always wanted to visit the Ngorongoro crater in Tanzania so our boys can see the magic of Africa first hand.
Secondly, we would redeem miles for Business Class flights to the Maldives. We’ve promised Braydon that we will one day take him swimming with sharks and this would be a perfect destination to fulfill our promise. We also have never stayed in an over the water bungalow.
Air Canada and Aeroplan
Readers have asked us: what we plan to do with our Aeroplan Miles with the upcoming changes?
Our answer is easy. We will continue to accumulate our Aeroplan Miles as we always have, and we plan to keep redeeming our miles.
Over the past 10 years we’ve found the changes that have been made to the program has given us more value. And with Air Canada’s promise to give members even more of what they want, we are excited to see the enhancements to the program as it evolves.
A few of the changes that have already been announced are:
- Full refunds within 24 hours of booking
- The option to refund your flight reward up to two hours before departure
- A reduction of the aeroplan.com refund fee
- Complimentary changes and refunds for Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members.
To be eligible to win, you need to go to aeroplan.com/35 and register. The contest runs for August 22nd to September 25th, 2019. Good luck!
If you won, where would you go?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Aeroplan. All opinions expressed are our own.
Members can win a total of 38.5 million Aeroplan Miles in Aeroplan’s Picture yourself contest is a post from: Traveling Canucks